I want to share with you the authority website framework - how to map it out and what it looks like when plotted on the canvas.
The whole purpose of a website layout and framework is to be very specific with where traffic flows after a user lands on your domain. As you develop this, it's going to build the effectiveness and authority of your website leading to better conversion.
What is the step-by-step process to turn a visitor from cold traffic to a hot lead?
- Your Main Offer - When a visitor comes to your website, help them understand your clear value proposition that will be the “main offer” that you are providing for a person to engage with you.
- Complete Their Call To Action - Your main offer will usually lead to a call to action for the user to make. This could be a questionnaire to fill out, a call to schedule or any other action that you would have them take in order to move them into the next step of your website funnel. This is the flow for taking someone and converting them into becoming a prospect.
- What happens when people aren't ready to move to the next step - Prevent dropouts by providing other alternatives on how to convert that traffic. When someone is not ready to engage with you currently and is still through, there is a strategy that can take them through a conversion process and help integrate them into the system. That's when we get into this bottom part of the website that can answer FAQs and address some of the main questions of the user that is on the fence about converting.
- Your Content - All blog posts and the long form premium content will have to be hosted on a strategic place on your website that a user can redirect towards after landing on your main page. The traffic that goes through the website, then go to a blog post to get them to engage with you longer, visit more often and create more traffic.
- Emailer Sign Up - At the end of the blog post, you can have an additional call to action where a user can give you their email address and name to sign up to be on your emailer list so that they hear from you for often and get access to more free content. There is a clear value exchange in this process where they provide their information which is a lead for you in exchange for your free content.
- Lead Magnet - This can be in the form of a checklist, a template of free trial, a demo, an ebook, some sort of value that you can give. The action that they're taking is to opt in giving you their name and email and they'll be redirected to the thank you page. To help solidify a lead further, you can turn this thank you page into an additional value page to build a trust factor with your prospects. They'll receive the lead magnet delivery email in which they can download whatever they had opted in for.
This is the overview of this sort of framework for building an authority website. It provides strategies for how to turn traffic that visits your page into new leads by creating different pathways for a visitor that checks you out to connect with you further and be ready to convert. You should also have a method for people that are on the fence and help address some of their potential concerns and follow up with them as needed.
Hope this is useful. Let me know if you have any questions. Catch you on the next one.
Subscribe to the podcast:
Connect with Rodney: