In this episode, I talk with Blossom Onunekwu, CEO of Blossom Into Wellness. She talks about the power of content in the world today for driving business and helping them build their recognition and presence online. From the importance of adopting a content plan into your business, to the various forms of content out there, how to track it and the various platforms to build your online presence through, it is all covered in this episode.
Blossom into Wellness is a health communications agency headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Blossom, the founder, specializes in organic social media marketing and content creation in the form of long-form web content. Blossom has serviced both local businesses, international businesses like the International Data Group, and governmental agencies like the CDC.
- Long form content is the way to go specifically for Health Tech startups because while most people that are going through content online want to get straight to the point, it is also important to lay out all the details and be comprehensive in your approach to communicating with your audience. Long form content helps your audience engage on your platforms for longer, improve the SEO of your pages and reduce the bounce rate.
- Consistency is key when putting out content. It is really important to create a content plan that is manageable for you to keep up with and stay consistent in putting out. Creating content in batches is useful because it helps to organize it into a calendar and track the results to measure the success rate. Make sure to drive your audience in a direction, most usefully towards your website with a specific call to action as a starting step to engage with you.
- 01:10 – Blossom talks about she got into content and digital marketing
- 03:20 – The importance of content in health care companies
- 05:59 – How to develop your own voice while putting out content
- 07:57 – What is long form content?
- 09:42 – Preferred mediums of content assets and creation
- 12:29 – The process of planning your content marketing strategy
- 14:25 – How to track and evaluate metrics for content
- 16:56 – Blossom’s preferred social media platforms
- 18:42 – The power of LinkedIn for building professionals networks
- 21:17 – Advice for professionals that are building their online presence
- 25:04 – Rapid Fire Round
- “When it comes to content, pick something that you will stick to and be consistent with. You don’t have to do everything.” – Blossom Onunekwu
Subscribe to the podcast:
Connect with Rodney:
Connect with Blossom Onunekwu: